i'm trying to install my Office 2003 with POL on my Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) with the workonlinux script, but i'm getting an error. Here's the description of my installation:
1) On POL, i select INSTALL>>WORKONLINUX>>OFFICE2003.
2) POL asks me for the cdrom path. It's the same as the default. I click NEXT.
3) POL asks for the setup executable. It's the default, Setup.exe. I click NEXT.
4) The office's installation program starts. The installation path is the Windows default (c:/program files/office2003). I click on custom installation and choose to install only Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Then i click on INSTALL.
5) The installation begins, and when it reaches about 40%, a message box appears: "Please insert CD1", and a RETRY button appears highlighted on the bottom of the msgbox. No matter how much i click on "retry", nothing happens. I try to abort the installation, but nothing happens. The installation is not frozen, but clicking on the available buttons doesn't do anything. I kill the application with xkill.
6) The script continues and creates the shortcuts. Even knowing that the shortcuts won't do anything, i assign them with Wine 0.9.37, just for testing. I click on the shortcuts. The "3D accelerator not detected" message appears, and nothing else.
Note: I've tried to change the installation path to z>home>myusername>Office2003 (A folder under my linux home folder), but the problem is just the same.