I am trying to install Diablo 3 with PlayOnLinux. The Script is running completly without any errors. While the Battle.Net-Client is downloading the game, the OS is freezing completly. I can't even switch to tty1.
The PlayOnLinux-Log shows no fatal error, same for Xorg.log, kern.log, lastlog, syslog...
It seems, that the display-settings have something to do with this problem. If i'm setting the videoram for D3 to 1G, it freezes much later than if i'm stick it to 3G (my graphiccard has 4G of videoram).
The OS don't crash as long as i don't start Diablo3.
I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.02 (LTS) with amdgpu on a gnome-desktop.
Tell me, if i can provide you with more info about my system to get a clue, what's going on :/
I know Shuttleworth just announce the big Unity to Gnome change, and I thought I would give what they currently have in place a try. I replaced my stable 16.04 LTS with the Gnome 17.04 and it did not go well at all. It kept locking up even before I could get to POL. I hope it goes better with 18.04 LTS. I'm keeping my finger crossed. In the end I went back to Unity.