Fora

Installation of Dragon Age Origins

Autor Odpowiedzi
Hennes Thursday 14 October 2010 at 12:28
HennesAnonymous

Hey everyone.

I have some problems with the installation of Dragon Age Origins via DVD. At first the installation runs very well: Password; "choose language --> german" and so on....

But than the installation stucks when I have to change to the second DVD. I switch the DVD and nothing´s gonna happen.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Bye the way. The installation runs better when I choose the english version of the game. When I choose that way I can start the game but after the Introscreen the programm doesn´t found the "game disk".

Thanks for any help
Hennes

ups sry. System: openSUSE 11.3; Kernel 2.6.34.7-0.3-desktop, gnome 2.32.0, ATI5780, Catalyst 10.9

Edytowane przez Hennes

GNU_Raziel Thursday 14 October 2010 at 18:25
GNU_Raziel

I've tested install in french and english and both worked so far so I don't know why it do not work for you. It's probably because OpenSUSE do not use the same automount system as Ubuntu/Debian. Multi disk games are always problematic...

A fix for you : Copy DVDs content to your HDD and then install using "Digital Download version" option of the POL installer, it will work. It's annoying but at least it work at 100%.

For the DVD protection, you have to disable it to play because wine do not handle it for the moment (think about voting for this game in appDB), find yourself how to, we do not support piracy, even it's it's mandatory to play with wine. I'm sure you understand.
gtludwig Tuesday 7 December 2010 at 1:54
gtludwigAnonymous

I'm trying to install this with wine 1.3.7 and POL 3.8.6, it goes ok almost all the way then crashes. Showing that very informative Wine crash window... Trying now using the Digital Download Version approach... willl report back if works or not!

and... it crashed again... at 82,2%... dang!

Edytowane przez gtludwig

GNU_Raziel Tuesday 7 December 2010 at 11:23
GNU_Raziel

Some users have reported that, even if the setup seems to fail, the game is still installed at 100% (a wine bug for sure), try to launch the game.

There is also a wine patch : here. I do not have this bug so I can't see if it fix the problem but you can, use Winebuild system from MulX to build a patched wine, it will be available in POL. Then test installation with it and if it work, I will commit change to POL installer.