I'm running Bunsen Labs Linux and am trying to install Origin so I can run/play The Sims 4. I installed wine using my terminal: I'm running 2.0-rc3. I installed playonlinux the same way and am running version 4.2.5. I've had a few bugs with wine and generally, things aren't going great. My main problem is trying to run Origin using playonlinux. I'll walk through my steps:
- Install a non-listed program
- Install a program in a new virtual drive
- Virtual drive name: Origin
- Configure wine - 32-bit installation + in winecfg/applications I set it to Windows 7 (Anything earlier and I get an error message)
- I select OriginSetup.exe as my program to run (NOT the thin version)
- I make a shortcut using OriginSetup.exe (currently in my Downloads folder)
The program loads for a little while. A blue window entitled "Default - Wine Desktop" flickers on for a second, then flickers off again. Then, Playonlinux crashes and I get the error message:
Error in POL_Shortcut
Binary not found: OriginSetup.exe
Have you installed the program to the default location?
What is the default location that I should install the program to???
I am not familiar with this game, but from your discription - "I make a shortcut using OriginSetup.exe (currently in my Downloads folder)" - I think you need to use the .exe in the "default location". The default location should be where the OriginSetup.exe installs the program, usally \program files\origin or \program files (x86)\orgin. I would guess the file should be the game .exe, not the setup file when making the shortcut.