What is PlayOnLinux ?
PlayOnLinux is a piece of software which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free, accessible and efficient solution to this problem.
What are PlayOnLinux's features?
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the interesting points to know:
- You don't have to own a Windows® license to use PlayOnLinux.
- PlayOnLinux is based on Wine, and so profits from all its features yet it keeps the user from having to deal with its complexity.
- PlayOnLinux is free software.
- PlayOnLinux uses Bash and Python.
Nevertheless, PlayOnLinux has some bugs, as every piece of software:
- Occasional performance decrease (image may be less fluid and graphics less detailed).
- Not all games are supported. Nevertheless, you can use our manual installation module.
A few screenshots of PlayOnLinux
The latest version of PlayOnLinux is: 4.3.4
To get this version, go to the download page.
Help the project
There are many ways to help the team. You can:
Contact the team
To contact the team, you can:
- Go on #playonlinux channel on irc.freenode.com
- Send a mail to contact < at > playonlinux.com