Saturday 25 October 2008 at 16:46
Here's a news to inform you that new updates are available:
-Fable : The Lost Chapters
-Halo : Combat Evolved
-Halo patch 1.08
-Max Payne 2 : The Fall Of Max Payne
-Max Payne 2 : The Fall Of Max Payne patch 1.01
-Dark Messiah of might and Magic
-Dark Messiah of might and Magic patch 1.02
have a good game
Tuesday 21 October 2008 at 12:36
Keeping the good pace I present new installer updates
-Legacy Of kain - Defiance
-Etherlords 2 Patch 1.03
our friend Adrian 'otty' Fuhrmann worked real hard to present to you the following games:
-NeverWinter Night 2
-Secret Files Tunguska (German version)
-Clive Barker's Jericho
Have a good game
Monday 20 October 2008 at 14:43
Details for this update are available HERE.
- Management of the applications' descriptions was revised. You can now write a description for your scripts directly from the website.
- A linguistic bug related to Wine's directory was fixed.
- Beginnings of schannel implementation using GnuTLS.
- Many fixes from various code analysis tools.
- Support for X11 desktop work area.
- Fixes for Richedit tables.
- Various bug fixes.
To see detailed release's note, go to the official announce's page.
To download source code or binary packages for several systems and distributions:
Monday 20 October 2008 at 14:20
For those who wish to test the new Google's browser: Chrome under Linux, I propose you a little sciprt.
It works perfectly for me.
A little screenshot:
Have a good day on PlayOnLinux's website.
Sunday 19 October 2008 at 23:15
I've worked hard to update the following installer:
-Prey Patch 1.04
-The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion
-The Elder Scrolls IV - Knight of the nine
-The Elder Scrolls IV - Shivering Isle
-The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion Patch 1.2.0416
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow Of Chernobyl (german translation by Adrian 'otty' Fuhrmann)
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow Of Chernobyl patch 1.0006 (updated by Adrian 'otty' Fuhrmann)
you can enjoy these games/addons/patchs with POL v3
have a good game
Sunday 19 October 2008 at 15:54
let me announce to you the update of the installer for Command & Conquer 3 - Tiberium War - Kane Edition.It is now POLv3 compatible
The installer for the patch 1.09 has been updated as well and now supports 13 languages
For more details plesae check out the official topic HERE
have a good game,
Sunday 19 October 2008 at 14:41
Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you what is considered as The best PC RPG of the year: The Witcher Enhanced Edition
You will play the most famous and feared witcher who reappears after so long but with you're memory gone.
You'll have to go and search for these lost memories and face the dangers lunrking in dark corners.
For more details please check out this topic
The following games are now available thanks to kjella:
-Sam and Max 202: Moai Better Blues
-Sam and Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead
-Sam and Max 204: Chariots of the Dogs
-Sam and Max 205: What's New, Beelzebub?
-Strong Bad 101: Homestar Ruiner
-Strong Bad 102: Strong Badia the Free
-World in Conflict
have a good game
Monday 13 October 2008 at 22:23
It is now back but at an other address.
So you have to modify your source.list file, replacing: http://playonlinux.botux.net with http://deb.mulx.net
The key didn't change ;)
The concerned package is here: http://www.mulx.net/rpm/playonlinux-yum-3-1.noarch.rpm
Wednesday 10 September 2008 at 17:36
Here is a short news to announce PlayOnLinux 3.1's release.
The changes are:
- A bug with proxy server's support fixed
- The https://www.playonlinux.com/changelog.html page is displayed after each update of PlayOnLinux, to inform the user of the changes
- Display of a mark (a number of stars) for each application depending on their popularity. This mark is automatically calculated from the collected statistics. Here is what it looks like:
- playonlinux-daemon, the new feature added in the beta. For those who didn't keep up with the development, see the beta's release news
- A fixed bug in wine version (If you had all Wine's versions, the window won't open)
- The #playonlinux-en channel added
- The Program Files directory bug is fixed (this directory is named differently in some languages, what was resulting in directory errors)
Sunday 7 September 2008 at 22:45
-The Multisampling option allows, especially in conjunction with the fbo one, to get a better rendering in some games like Half-Life 2 or the Prince of Persia series, mainly with Nvidia cards. This option enables some improvements independently of the video card too.
-The Mouse Warp Override option prevents the mouse's pointer to escape from your application's window even with Window Managers like Fluxbox (For information, Gnome is a Desktop Environment of which Metacity is the Window Manager).
You can even force this state, what can be useful with games of which videos allow the mouse's pointer to be moved.
You will find the plugin in the download section or directly HERE.
Have a good game all